Monday, March 16, 2009

Day Five:


The Entry on Day Two stated -,” What’s the force that fuels the hatred and bloodlust between these two factions?” After today, I understand…
Have the loyalists no mercy? These are unarmed civilians! Poor villagers going on with their everyday lives, slaughtered like dogs. No matter if they were children, or women, they were treated like pests. And then there was the girl. The little girl, shot in the neck, holding a newborn child. Each time I would look into her eyes, I could see Concepcion. I tried to imagine what both girls have been through, but failed. These emotions are too great to just be “imagined” from thin air. I pity them. It’s a miracle that the newborn wasn’t dead himself by then. A great number of things could have easily happened to him then and there. What the Loyalists did here, was disgusting. It fills me with feelings a 12 year old shouldn’t feel.
It’s hatred. The old saying goes, “Do to people, as you would like them to do to you.” If these bastards want to die, so be it. They deserve to. All this time, I feared death. I would have thought of it almost impossible to maim someone. But now, I have a new force driving me.
A new brain. A brain of a soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment